So it’s been awhile since my last blog – sorry guys sometimes you just run out of ideas to write about. Whilst brainstorming the other day I had the idea of writing about things I get asked about from clients!!
So I get asked a lot “What can I do about my large pores?”, essentially your pore size is your pore size – it is what it is!
Most commonly found in the T Zone area where you have the most sebaceous glands, the size depends on your skin type and genetics ie if you have oily skin and this run’s in your family then your are likely to have large visible pores. Ageing also plays a part as you naturally lose elasticity so pores become stretched throw in gravity and you then have stretched, saggy skin! You get the picture!!
Then dependant on your cleansing routine, type of make up and how often you wear it and how often you clean your make up brushes will depend on how blocked these enlarged pores get…..
but of course there are things we can do to minimise pore size and get the best from our skin but often it is down to us having a good skincare regime and doing some homework, here are my 5 Top Tips:-
1. Double Cleanse every evening adding in the use of a Clarisonic facial cleansing brush is fantastic for deep cleansing and natural exfoliation.
2. Tone your skin with either cold water or if you have oily skin use a toner that has a little salicylic or glycolic acid these in it as these are natural exfoliators and also mop up bacteria.
3. Clean your brushes weekly – I use a Tea tree anti bacterial hand wash. cheap & cheerful.
4. Invest in a good primer for the skin as these contain silicones and natural light defectors to reflect the light away from the skin creating a smoother appearance.
5. A fantastic investment is a good mineral foundation & blush powder as they a) are better for the skin and b) will counteract the oiliness and stop the pores looking so prominent.
To summarise do your homework, thanks for reading Mary x